Birken in Kamloops
Ajahn Sona regularly visits Kamloops to lead Sunday morning Dhamma talks for the local community. These events are coordinated by local supporters - see 'Contact Info' below.
The scheduled Birken in Kamloops dates for 2017 are:
- January 22
- February 19
- March 19
- April 2
- May 14
- June 11
(no talks in July / August)
- September 10
- October 15
- November 12
- December 10
Desert Gardens Seniors' Community Centre
Schedule: 9:30am - 12:30pm
The three-hour session consists of three parts:
- The period from 9:30-10:00 am is designed for those interested in deepening their practice of Buddhist meditation. Chairs will be available; please bring your own mat and cushion if you would prefer sitting on the floor.
- Ajahn Sona will offer a Dhamma talk at 10:00 am and answer questions afterwards. Here is a recent Dhamma Talk from Ajahn Sona's YouTube Channel)
- After the casual pot-luck meal at 11:00 am, Ajahn Sona will be available to chat about Buddhist practice and "life in general." Please bring a dish to share as well as your own dishes and cutlery.
There is no charge. In the time-honoured spirit of Buddhist monasticism, "dana" (donations freely offered) will be gratefully accepted. Cheques should be made to "Birken Forest Monastery".
- For information about Birken in Kamloops events, please subscribe to Birken in Kamloops Updates. You may also email us at email@example.com
- Desert Gardens Seniors' Community Centre: Tel: 250-372-5110 | Web: desertgardens.ca/
- For general inquiries about Birken Forest Monastery, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org